Thursday, December 3, 2009

Last year at this time I was...

lying in a hospital room

ordering Christmas gifts online from my bed

praying for my babies to stay in past the New Year

decorating my tiny fake Christmas tree

watching Gilmore Girls and the Family Channel's 25 Days Till Christmas to pass the time

lamenting the fact that there would be no Christmas cards to send out that year

feeling very grateful for the wonderful care I was receiving from my doctors and nurses

EXTREMELY nervous about becoming a mother

This year I'm...

chasing my almost one year old boys around the house

finding cheerios in every nook and cranny

already printing and stuffing my Christmas cards (yeah!!!)

looking forward to Christmas parties with friends and family

having fun shopping for presents in the STORES (online too to tell the truth)

anticipating a REAL Christmas tree

DEFINITELY going back to the hospital with the boys to bring presents to the FABULOUS nurses who helped keep my little angels in during my 8 week stay

planning Samuel & Wesley's first birthday party

HAVING A BALL!!!

I hope you're all having a wonderful Christmas Season so far!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

What a difference a year makes! Just reading about your 2008 makes me depressed. Sounds like you're having fun now -- God is good :)

Jen said...

I was just thinking about that today. This year is going to be 1000x better!