Wednesday, June 30, 2010

ALIAKA

That's what was on the license plate of the little aqua blue convertible Mercedes my auntie Gloria drove for as far back as my memory goes.  She was born Gloria Sharlene Waldron but became known as Allison once she began her career in modeling as a young mother of two.  Aqua was such a perfect color too...it matched her fabulous blue eyes.  I think that color will always remind me of her...my sweet spirited, stunningly beautiful, always gracious auntie.  We lost her last week, to a heart attack, and I am heartbroken. 

I hope you (my small handful of readers) won't mind if I sprinkle in posts about her now and then between pictures of the boys as I work through my grief and do my best to celebrate her life.  She was so special to me, and these thoughts of her just keep swimming around in my head...around and around and around.  They need to come out.

I have been looking through pictures of her for days now and have come across so many darling photos.  This is the photo Cousin Wendy sent to me that we're going to use at her memorial service on Friday. 

This image has been surrounding me all week, on my desktop at work, blown up at home in various sizes, on my cellphone...I like remembering her this way.  It's comforting to feel she's nearby.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry Mindy. She's gorgeous- just from seeing her picture I can tell that little aqua blue convertible Mercedes fit her personality perfectly :)

Nikki said...

Wow, what a stunning picture. Your family has been thru so much....

Anonymous said...

So very, very sorry to hear about the passing of your Aunt. What a beautiful lady. I look forward to reading stories about her as you remember her with love. Nate's Gramma

Joybird said...

Oh, Mindy, I'm so sorry. Call me if you need to talk