Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Here we go again...

Yesterday's nurse was Leah Tard. Ha ha. Today's nurse is Olivia. Yes, I'm back in the hospital as of yesterday morning. I started having too many contractions early in the morning so I went to see my doctor and found out I've begun dialating. We checked in at the hospital around 10:00 a.m. and for the entire day it looked as though the babies were coming and that was that. Then later in the evening I was finally able to change medications and by the grace of God, this one is working for me so far. Praise God for again coming to my rescue!

Haven't had anything to eat or drink since yesterday morning in case they took me in for surgery. Needless to say I'M STARVING!!! We're hoping they'll fix that soon since my contractions have slowed down but I have yet to hear from the doctor. My sweet husband slept on the super luxurious hospital cot last night and got a wonderful night's sleep, in between all the interuptions to check my vital signs and bring me medications. That's hospital life for you.

The good news is, the medication is working for now and I'm told they've had women in here who were dialated up to 3 or 4 cm and been able to hang out here for 5 weeks before delivering. So there is hope that we have more time. It's all up to the Lord. Please pray. We really want the babies to spend as little time as possible in the NICU.

2 comments:

Linda Z said...

Wow... I'll be praying for you, Mindy. And I hope you'll be able to eat soon!:)

Jen said...

Hang in there! You've done it before, you can do it again :) You're in our prayers.