Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Random thoughts...

Some Things I Am Thankful For:

-31 weeks and 3 lb 12 oz babies!!!

-My husband staying overnight in the hospital with me!

-Decorating a little Christmas tree for my hospital room. It's fake but it's cute!


-Terbutaline shots to stop my contractions when they get out of control (never thought I'd ever be so thankful to be stuck by a needle!)

-Internet shopping!

-Great nurses and PCAs.

-TLC: How would I pass my days without daily episodes of What Not to Wear, Bringing Baby Home and Jon & Kate plus 8?

-My new laughing baby ringtone that gives me a giggle everytime I get a phone call.

-Babies hiccuping in my belly (both at once)!

-The annual Christmas gathering with my college friends (though in a very unusual location).


Lesser Known Pregnancy Symptom:

I had never heard of this before but some women experience aching pain in the joints of their hands and feet during pregnancy. Guess I'm one of them. It's very strange. I imagine what I'm feeling is a little like arthritis. Fun fun!

A Sad Anniversary:

Today is the anniversary of the death of Jeff's first wife. This has always cast a dark shadow over this time of the year for him. I'm praying for lots of wonderful happy memories to take the place of the painful ones surrounding Christmas for him. I anticipate the boys being a big a part of that.

4 comments:

Linda Z said...

I love how you are taking your thoughts captive and focusing on such good things. God just shines through you, Mindy!! I will be praying for your husband. I have difficulty with my birthday, cause I associate it with my brother leaving. But God can heal and bring joy. :)

Jen said...

Great post! You're looking well, all things considered :) Only a few more days until you're 32 weeks- that is a huge milestone!!!

Karoliina said...

Hi Mindy,

I'm so glad to hear you and the boys are still doing well! I'm now 37 1/2 weeks and I've prayed all along that I would have my girl before you have the boys. Maybe partly for selfish reasons - I want to be the first one of us CVCC pregos to deliver :) I've been encouraged by your faith and trust in God's control over your pregnancy. Stay well. You have our prayers.

Karoliina, Petri and Miro

Dominique Rooney said...

I have had the same problems with holidays in general since my grandmother past. The boys will definitely change that! That's the miracle of children.

God bless...