Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Milestone to Celebrate

Yesterday marked 28 weeks for the twins! Hurray! If the boys were to come now they would have a much better chance of avoiding many of the complications of extremely premature infants. This was the doctors' first goal for us. It's hard to believe that 4 weeks have passed since I was first admitted to the hospital! God is so good! Our prayers for our children are being answered with each extra day they remain on the inside!

Originally, my doctor had thought that she may be able to send me home after 28 weeks to continue my bedrest. However, events from this past week will probably prevent that from happening. I'm a bit disappointed because I had my hopes up a little over the prospect of spending Thanksgiving in the comfort of my own home, but Jeff and I would much prefer not to take any unnecessary chances with the boys so we are happy to comply with the doctors.

Events from this past week...since my last blog, celebrating my newfound freedom of ambulatory and wheelchair privileges, I have had two episodes of increased contractions prompting the doctors to re-attach me to the dreaded IV for fluids. Both times the contractions subsided without any trouble but because of this, sadly, my privileges were taken away. Sigh! Today the doctor said she may have me try out the wheelchair trips again. We'll see. It will be nice to see the outside world again. :)

On the homefront...Jeff has been busily getting things ready for the babies. With help from some dear friends and family, the nursery is slowly coming together. I can't wait to see it when I finally do come home. Jeff is doing such a wonderful job juggling all the projects around the house, his day to day work, and visiting me and bringing me things here at the hospital. I am truly blessed!

On Friday night, we celebrated my mom's birthday in my hospital room. There were six of us squeezed in here eating pizza and cake and throwing balloons around the room while my mom opened gifts. It was so much fun to spend that time with family. However, somehow the combination of sitting up and eating and the excitement of lots of visitors gets those pesky contractions going and we had to cut the evening short so I could let my belly rest. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted! So nice to get to celebrate with my mom! Here are some pictures from that night. Notice Billy sitting on the bedside comode (aka: the potty chair)! :)





Thanks to all of you from my church family who sent me the beautiful and enormous bouquet of flowers!!! They sure do brighten up the room and came just as my other flowers were on their way out! I feel so spoiled!

1 comment:

melsteveph said...

Yay, I'm first to comment. And am among the soo many people thinking of all four of you all the time. Those little ones have the headstart of deeply dedicated, longevinous, loving parents. God bless. Happy Thanksgiving. Melanie