Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slowly But Surely


Well we made it through another day at the hospital. I thought I was going to lose my mind this morning after about 1 1/2 hours of sleep last night and enduring ear piercing alarms going off every few minutes when the doctor tried taking Sam off his oxygen. I honestly wanted to throw the machines out the window. Thankfully, Sam has been off oxygen for several hours now and seems to be doing very well so far. If he keeps this up, maybe we'll get to go home tomorrow.

Wesley is managing to stay just well enough to dodge hospitalization so far. Praise God for that! My parents came this afternoon to relieve me for a few hours so I could go home and get a shower and a short nap. Jeff's parents were at the house helping to care for Wesley and fixing a nice home cooked meal for us. So nice! It was so wonderful to get to see my sweet Wesley and have a quick visit with Jeff before heading back to the hospital tonight.

As I write this, the alarms are going off again. Sam isn't keeping his oxygen level up high enough. Please pray that he improves so we can go home soon.

No comments: