Monday, February 23, 2009

Update

So Samuel and I are in the hospital for another day. He's still on oxygen and they have to wean him off slowly and then monitor him for 12 - 24 hours after that. They just turned him down to half of what he was getting so we'll see how he does over the next several hours. He seems to be feeling better today and his appetite is increasing. Praise God!

Wesley is still holding his own at home. Grandma Carroll graciously agreed to spend the night with him last night so Jeff could get some sleep and then again today so he could go to work. We may have to take him in for a follow up visit to the doctor today to make sure he doesn't need to come in to the hospital as well. These respiratory infections can take a quick turn for the worse in these little guys so we don't want to take any chances.

I am very grateful to have the opportunity to receive the care we are getting for Samuel. believe it or not, it has been quite peaceful here in his hospital room and I am actually getting more sleep here than I would at home. It's kinda nice getting to spend some one-on-one time with Samuel, although I'd rather it be under better conditions. Still, I need to focus on what I have to be thankful for. I thank God that things are going as well as they are. Thank you everyone for your prayers!

1 comment:

Linda Z said...

Oh boy! What a difficult juggling act you've got going on!! You seem to be handling it with such grace and trust in God. May He continually uphold you and give your family strength, healing and rest.